Wallboards — one of the most famous and affordable solution for wall finishing in the sauna. Among their privilege are good performance, practicality and attractive view. On the features of installing wallboard in the sauna we'll talk further.
Waterproof sauna wall boards: pros and cons
Panel board for walls is a very famous material in the process of interior decoration premises.
In addition, this finishing material has the following benefits:
- Easy installation. In order to install wall board panels it’s not necessary to prepare walls in advance, to level them, to clean them from previous finishing materials, etc. In addition, to perform the installation doesn’t require a special tool or special skills to work with it. All work with ease will be performed by one or two people. The main thing is to follow all the instructions proposed by the manufacturer.
- A universal sphere of using. The use of this material provides a high level of noise insulation and insulation in the room. In addition, the material has excellent a hygienic property doesn’t accumulate dust and it is easy to clean. These characteristics allow the installation of panels both in living quarters and in public organizations. In the space between the panel and the wall, it is possible to lay communications and install a heat-insulating material.
- Easy maintenance of the panels. This advantage allows to not process walls by additional means or structures. After installing the material, wipe it with a damp cloth periodically. If any part of the wall is damaged, then for its replacement, it will take a maximum of half an hour.
- Wallboard for sauna price. Comparing wallboards with alternative finishes, such as wallpaper, decorative plaster, tiles, this material is the most affordable. In addition, the installation of wallboard is easier and faster.
- Application in various styles of the interior. A variety of colors and textures of wallboard allows installing them in different rooms. Also, the material is mounted in a horizontal, vertical and in some cases in a diagonal position. Panels board for wall are faced with various image that are capable of imitating wood, metal, glass, and stone.
Panel boards for wall: varieties and characteristics
In relation to the technological aspect, the wallboard is divided into the material:
- rack board wall panels;
- tiled board wall panels;
- sheet board wall panels.
The first type - rack, most often divided into PVC wallboard for the sauna and on the panel of wood.
Tiled panels are often made of bamboo. They have the form of a rectangle, are very convenient in laying and make the room cozy and attractive.
Sheet panels are presented in the form of plates based on bamboo, a height of more than 250 cm. With their help, it is possible to give the room a whole view.
In relation to the material of the production of wallboard made from:
We offer you to get acquainted with the most popular variants of wallboard, which are most often used for interior decoration of rooms:
- Plastic wallboard for the sauna. This option is the most successful for finishing sauna. When you choosing such panels, monitor their quality. Good material will be characterized by the presence of a distinct texture and pattern, it will be strong enough and at the same time refined. Among the advantages of such panels are their resistance to moisture, ease of installation and lack of rigidity in care.
- Wooden wallboard. This option is rake and slab. The main advantage of the material is environmental safety and the creation of a comfortable microclimate in sauna steam room. However, the tree is quite dependent on the differences in temperature and humidity conditions, so there is a risk of deformation of material, if it is incorrectly laid. In addition, the installation of wooden wallboard in the sauna is unacceptable.
How to choose wallboard for a sauna
First, determine the location of the installation of wallboard, proceeding from this, it is necessary to determine the basic functions of this finishing material.
If the panels are installed in the sauna, then you should pay attention to the material with a high level of moisture resistance. The color and texture of the panels is determined in relation to the overall stylistics of the room.
During the selection of panels, you should check the certification of products and its compliance with European quality standards.
We offer you to familiarize by yourself with the main features of wallboard, which must be taken into attention when choosing them:
- Determining the type of panels that are suitable for installation in the sauna, we recommend staying on plastic panels of rectangular or longitudinal shape. Plastic has good resistance to moisture and is not complicated in care.
- The strength and durability of the material before mechanical influences is ensured by the presence of special ribs on their inner part. The quality of the products depends on their quantity.
- The drawing should be clearly visible on the outside of the panel. In addition, stains, defects, streaks or different impurities on the surface - are unacceptable. Each panel should be inspected for defects such as dents, scratches, cracks or holes.
- All panels should be characterized by a uniform pattern. In addition, it is better to dwell on the material from one batch.
- Take the two panels and connect them together in the store. The junction between them should be minimal. If there are uneven joints on the entire panel area, the thickness of which exceeds 3 mm, then the purchase of such material should be discarded.
- The presence of unevenness or waves on the surface of the panel is proof of poor quality.
- It is better to focus on the material from well-known manufacturers. In this case, the quality of the products will be good, and the duration of operation is high.
- In addition, pay attention to such technical indicators as fire safety, propensity to ignite, environmental friendliness of the material.
- Take into attention, for the finishing of a small sauna, panels of medium thickness will fit; too wide panels will make the room smaller. For a spacious sauna, rectangular tiles are suitable.
Recommendations for finishing the sauna wallboard
The first way to install wallboard implies their direct gluing to the surface. In this case, the walls should be distinguished by their evenness, ideal smoothness. If the walls have differences in the evenness of more than 0.5 cm, then this method of installation is inappropriate.
Before you start working on the walls on a song of the ground, which provides their antiseptic strength and improves adhesion to the glue. Note that the primer is selected in relation to the basic material of the walls.
During the selection of the glue for the installation of panels, it is necessary to proceed also with their main material for the decoration of the walls. Since the glue must have the necessary strength to hold the panel on the wall.
The first panel is installed in the corner part of the room. The glue is applied to both the panel and the wall. Before starting work, read the instructions for use of the adhesive, it indicates the retention time of the panel on the wall.
The second and the rest panels are installed on the wall in the same way. The panels are joined together by a spiked groove. When the corner area is reached, trim the panel in proportion to the required width. Please note that before gluing the corner panel, you should first install the angled molding.
Heat-saving technology began to spread widely in Russia in the last 20 years, after the sale of effective thermal insulation materials from manufacturers such as Isover, Rockwool, Ursa, etc. Compared to traditional building technologies, heat-saving has both advantages and disadvantages.
Undoubted advantages include simplicity of manufacture, speed of installation (1-3 days), and considerably smaller weight of a design that allows establishing panel constructions on the columnar foundation.
The peculiarity of heat-saving technology is the low heat capacity of the materials used, which is preferential for the heating of the premises themselves.
However, this feature also has the opposite side: the shield sauna cools down faster, than the more massive log buildings. Such defect is completely compensated by much lesser cost.